However, Matt L and I decided instead to do a shot list for everyone to use on Monday so it would consequently be easier to so a storyboard while following the shot list. Matt decided to do the first part of the script and I did the second after splitting the task in to two, below is my version of the shot list. It is only to give a basic idea of the shots but in my opinion think I have done well judging from the script.
shotlist - continued from
“Meeting someone like him, made me question why he ended up in detention in the first place.”
- close up of JAKE first.
- cut to close up of ZEKE after quote ‘meeting someone like him’ while narration continues
- cut to present detention room, long establishing shot
- shot of clock to symbolise time - afternoon
- mid shot of TAYLOR sitting on top of a table
- mid shot of MEGAN with headphones in
- mid shot of MEGAN taking headphones out and turning to JAKE
- close up shot of MEGAN while talking 'So, you're an actor? What's it like being famous?'
- camera cuts back to JAKE looking up
- close up of TAYLOR until line ‘I’ve never heard of him’
- quick cut back to JAKE
- close up of TAYLOR again while dialogue 'he wouldn't be in detention, would he?
- long shot of detention room
- close up of MEGAN while dialogue 'No, but listen to this, right.'
- mid shot of JAKE sighing and dialogue ‘Look guys.’
- shots of characters turning to face JAKE
- close up of JAKE continuing dialogue 'That's all there is to know.'
- pause. shot of whole detention room. silence
- close up of ZEKE while dialogue 'I wonder how the others are getting on..'
- camera PANS to MEGAN
- close up of MEGAN while dialogue 'Don't get me started', perhaps over the shoulder shot
- shot of door opening and SETH walking in.
- camera holds to see TEACHER 1.
- continuous quick shots to show argument.
- close up of TEACHER 1 while dialogue ‘I’ve had it up to here with your lies!’
- quick close up of SETH
- close up of TEACHER 1, finishes dialogue.
- over the shoulder shot of SETH ‘If you’d just let me explain’
- quick shot of the whole detention room. Everyone is looking.
- final shot of TEACHER 1 while dualogue occurs
- Mid shot of TEACHER 1 leaving the room
- close up of door slamming
- mid shot of SETH turning
- quick close ups of characters to establish puzzled looks
- close up of SETH while dialogue.
- Camera fades out.