Saturday 9 January 2010

Lines Part 1

I extended episode 1 because some people felt that it was too short and also changed the name of Valerie to Megan. Her character is a well educated girl who rebels against the system. I think that is still the same characteristics as last time.

Fade In
JAKE (narration)
My name’s Jake Wood. I spent most of my life trying to be like a normal kid. But the fact I happened to be a TV star and also the lead singer of a band, meant otherwise. I began a new school and well, things didn’t go according to plan.

Cut to
INT – A SCHOOL CORRIDOR – MORNING

JAKE is standing with his back against the wall. TEACHER 1 is standing in front of him, shouting at him. His flies are undone. TEACHER 1 runs his hand through his hair.

TEACHER 1
You may think your screen reputation may be beneficial to you, but it’s not going to help you here.

JAKE
Three words. Flies. Open. Unpleasant.

TEACHER 1 casually zips up his trousers.

TEACHER 1
Let’s see how you cope in detention. They might teach you a thing or two.

JAKE sighs.

JAKE (narration)
That was how I met these guys.

Cut to
INT – THE DETENTION ROOM – AFTERNOON

The camera focuses with a close-up of TAYLOR’S face as he speaks to JAKE, who is standing in front of him.

TAYLOR (threateningly)
At this school, we believe in a state of hierarchy. I am at the top. You, my friend, are at the bottom. The dirty stinking bottom. You got that?

JAKE brings out a tub of tic-tacs. He holds it out to TAYLOR.

JAKE
Tic-tac?

The camera moves across to MEGAN, who is sitting with her feet on a table. She is listening to music on her iPod, which is playing loudly through her headphones.

JAKE (narration)
That’s Megan. She doesn’t say a great deal, although she proved she was good at raising two fingers simultaneously. And finally, we come to Zeke Fernando, the nicest one of the bunch.

Cut to
A Previous Detention
INT – THE DETENTION ROOM – AFTERNOON

ZEKE is sitting at a table, talking to TAYLOR and MEGAN. TAYLOR is sitting on top of a table, listening to him intently.

ZEKE
We were at a house party the other night and my mate. He, erm, he had tons to drink. Like a serious amount...

JAKE (narration)
Meeting someone like him made me question why he ended up in detention in the first place.

Cut to
The Present Detention
INT – THE DETENTION ROOM – AFTERNOON

TAYLOR is now sitting on top of a table. MEGAN takes her headphones out of her ears. She turns and faces JAKE.

MEGAN
So you’re an actor? What’s it like being famous?

TAYLOR
He can’t be that famous if I’ve never heard of him. Even if he was, which I’m sure he ain’t, he wouldn’t be here in detention, would he?

MEGAN
No. But listen to this, right.

JAKE (sighing)
Oh, God. Look, guys. I’m here because I did something. That’s all there is to know.

There is a pause.

ZEKE
I wonder how the others are getting on in detention.

MEGAN
Don’t get me started with them.

The door suddenly opens. SETH walks inside the room, followed closely by TEACHER 1. They are both arguing.

TEACHER 1 (furiously)
I’ve had it up to here with your lies! For the last time, no one has been following you! Not even this apparent spy!

SETH
If you’d just let me explain.

TEACHER 1
No. I don’t want to hear it.

TEACHER 1 turns and walks out of the room. He slams the door shut. SETH turns to face the others, who are looking puzzled.

SETH
Oh, hi.

Fade Out

No comments:

Post a Comment