Saturday 9 January 2010

Lines Part 2

Fade In
JAKE (narration)
So far, I’d been threatened by Taylor, questioned about my fame and now there’s someone claiming to be harassed by a secret agent. Could this day get any worse?

Cut to
INT – THE DETENTION ROOM – AFTERNOON

JAKE is sitting at a table, minding his business completely. TAYLOR is sitting on top of a table and ZEKE and MEGAN are sitting by the table that TAYLOR is sitting on. SETH is pacing up and down the room.

SETH
I really shouldn’t be in here.

TAYLOR (muttering)
You’re telling me.

ZEKE
What happened to you?

SETH
There’s this guy. He keeps following me around. A bit like a stalker really...

Cut to
INT – THE REFECTORY – MORNING

SETH is standing at a vending machine, looking at what drink to purchase. He spots AGENT 1 peering round the corner of the door, staring at him. He looks back at the vending machine. He looks back to the door. AGENT 1 is no longer there. He makes his drink selection.

Cut to
INT – THE LRC – MORNING

SETH is sitting at a table, writing some notes onto a writing pad. He looks up. AGENT 1 is standing in an aisle, reading a book. He looks down, then back up. AGENT 1 is nowhere to be seen. AGENT 1 suddenly crouches beside him.

AGENT 1
It’s time.
Cut to
INT – THE DETENTION ROOM – AFTERNOON

SETH is standing at the front of the room. JAKE, TAYLOR, ZEKE and MEGAN are staring at him in confusion.

SETH (insistently)
I’m telling you the truth. Do you think this would be something I’d write on my personal statement? ‘Hi, I’m Seth. I spend my time at school getting harassed by a secret agent’.

JAKE
I somehow find it hard to believe.

TAYLOR
That’s rich coming from the actor we’ve never heard of.

MEGAN
I can’t wait until I get home. There’s some more songs I wanna download.

JAKE
No. Don’t you dare.

MEGAN
What?

JAKE
Downloading is killing the music industry. You shouldn’t do it.

TAYLOR (muttering)
Christ.

Cut to
INT – A COLLEGE CORRIDOR – MORNING

ZEKE is walking down the corridor. He has his hands inside his trouser pockets. He also has his rucksack on his back. FRIEND 1 comes up behind him. They walk down the corridor together.

FRIEND 1
Alright? I have a favour to ask. I was going to a party later. I need you to look after my booze for me.

ZEKE
I don’t wanna keep covering for you. All the time you’re getting me in the shit.

FRIEND 1
Cheers, man. You’re the best.

FRIEND 1 hurries off. ZEKE has an outburst of rage. He straightens himself out afterwards and casually walks away.
Cut to
INT – THE DETENTION ROOM – AFTERNOON

JAKE, TAYLOR, SETH and MEGAN are sitting at various tables, listening to ZEKE, who stops talking. KATIE suddenly bursts inside the room. She marches towards TAYLOR.

KATIE (furiously)
I’ve had it up to here with you, Taylor! How long did you honestly think it would be before I found out?

Fade Out

No comments:

Post a Comment